The process of establishment and development:
- After the revolution August 1945, State management function of labor, invalids and social affairs was undertook by the Ministry of Labour, Ministry of Social Relief, Ministry of Social Affairs and the Ministry of War Invalids - Veterans. Inspection organization belongs to the Ministry of Labour and the Ministry of War Invalids – Veterans, was established under the manifesto dated August 28th 1945.
- Stage building socialism in the North (1955-1964): there were 03 inspection components. Labour Inspection Board was established on April 06th 1957 under Decree No. 23/ND-LD of the Ministry of Labour (on November 20th 1963, Government Council issued Decree No. 187 / CP prescribed that the organizational structure of Ministry of Labour no longer has Labour Inspection Board); Occupational safety Inspectorate was established under the provisions of Decree No. 172 / CP dated June 26th 1961 of Government Council; Inspection Division of the Ministry of War Invalids - Veterans.
- Period from 1965 to 1975, "Labour Inspection Board" was reestablished under Decision No. 166 / CP dated September 08th 1966 of the Government; “War Invalids - Social policies Inspection Board” under the Ministry of the Interior was established by Decree No. 213 / CP dated November 26th 1971 of the Government.
- Period of building and protecting the country 1976 - 1985, there are 03 relevant inspection organizations: Labour Inspectorate; Technical Safety - Labour Protection Inspectorate; War Invalids - Social policies Inspectorate.
- Renovation period from 1986 up to now: on February 16th 1987 The State Council issued the Decision No. 782 / HDNN merging the Ministry of Labour and Ministry of War Invalids and Social Affairs into the Ministry of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs. Then on November 28th 1989, the Council of Ministers issued Decision No. 187 / HDBT transfer the task of the Commission of war crimes Investigation to the the Ministry of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs. Therefore, during this period the Inspection organization of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs also had many changes.
Period 1986 -1989: Ministry of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs has two inspection units: Labour and Social policies Inspection Board was established on basis of merging Labour Inspectorate with War Invalids – social policies Inspectorate; and Technical Safety - Labour Protection Inspection Board.
Period 1990-1993: Implementing the Inspection Ordinance 1990, Ministry of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs established Ministry Inspectorate on the basis of merging Labour and Social policies Inspectorate with Technical Safety - Labour Protection Inspectorate.
Period 1994 – 2002: Ministry Inspectorate was divided into Labour - Social Policies Inspectorate and the State Inspectorate on Occupational safety.
Period 2003 – now: on March 31st 2003 Government issued Decree No. 29/2003 / ND-CP prescribing the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of Ministry of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs, whereby the Ministry Inspectorate was formed on the basis of merging two inspectorates which are Labour - Social Policies Inspectorate and the State Inspectorate on Occupational safety and take over the functions of labor hygiene inspection from Ministry of Health